Phulkopir Chorchori – Cauliflower and Potato Curry
Today’s recipe is Phulkopir Chorchori – cauliflower and potato curry. A quick and easy dish you can try at home with your family.
Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous vegetable family which includes foods like cabbage, kale and broccoli. These foods have incredible health benefits and are linked to cancer prevention especially with regard to bladder cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and ovarian cancer. Cauliflower also adds support for your body’s detoxification, antioxidant and inflammatory/anti-inflammatory systems.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 medium size potato (cubed)
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tomato (cubed)
- 1/2 cup of fresh peas (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp Five Spice mix (mixture of cumin, fennel, fenugreek, mustard seed and black cumin)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- salt to taste
- As always - never bury your spices! 🙂
- In a clean pan heat up the vegetable oil.
- Add the red chili and heat until it starts to blacken (but doesn't burn ;-))
- Then add asafetida
- Add 1 tsp Five spices mix and bay leaf
- Fry the onion then add garlic and ginger
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes
- Add salt to your taste and fry for 5-7 min.
- Add tomatoes
- Add cumin, coriander, and turmeric powders
- Cover and cook for another 5-7 min.
- The vegetables will start getting soft. Don’t let them get too soft, they should still be firm and intact, but cooked and easy to chew.
- Add 1 tsp of roasted Five Spices mix and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves
Simple Indian Dinner You Can Cook Even On Weekdays
Join the newsletter